are in: Services... Horse
Once a charter is booked, Instoneair follows
a set procedure to ensure all the requirements are carried out and
logistics are co-ordinated:
- types of horses are checked ie. are they thoroughbreds
(medium size), show jumpers/eventers (large), horses in training
(lively and valuable), yearlings (small, young, untravelled), polo
- stalls are allocated. Liaison with the shipper
ascertains which stalls are required, triples, quads, doubles etc.
Instone loadmaster is assigned to the charter.
- ground handling facilities
are checked. Availability of hi-loader (main deck or belly loader);
(if a walk-on system is being used); availability of fork lifts; cleaning equipment
etc. is established.
- relevant Department of Agriculture regulations
are checked in country of origin and destination. Do aircraft/horse
stalls need disinfecting and is an agriculture department cleaning
- protective materials ordered - polythene/cellotex/soft
- equipment is positioned to the departure airport.
- grooms are assigned
if not provided by shipper; we provide up to 17 on a 747 from a
pool of professional flying grooms. These grooms are fully familiar
both with airline procedures and the special requirements of animals
while in flight.
<Back | Freight Charter Brokers